Andy Murray has a baby daughter – level 2
Andy Murray’s new daughter is keeping him on his toes just like playing tennis.
The number two-ranked player in tennis, who is from Scotland, said that the first time he took care of his daughter alone, he realized how responsible he needed to be. He wants to have a positive impact on his family and balance his priorities.
The team of Andy, his brother Jamie, and two other men will defend the title in tennis for Great Britain. If the team wins, it will be the first time for Great Britain since 1936.
Difficult words: to keep on one’s toes (to move quickly), impact (an effect), priorities (the things that you have to do in life).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that the Great Britain tennis team will do well?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.