Andy Murray is No. One – level 1
Andy Murray is a very good British tennis player. He wins two Olympic gold medals for tennis.
Murray plays an important match. His opponent cannot play. His leg is injured. People give Murray the title of number one. He is the best in the world.
Murray is the first British tennis player to be the best. He is the oldest number one, also. He is 29 years old.
He has to keep playing well during the year to keep his title.
Difficult words: match (a game of tennis), opponent (a person who plays against you), injured (if your leg is injured, it is not well).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.