Angry Animal – level 1
A man goes running in Utah, US. He is running on a trail. He sees some kittens. He thinks that they are wild kittens.
Suddenly, a mountain lion starts to follow the man. The lion wants to keep her babies safe. The lion is angry. It seems that the lion wants to attack the man.
The man tries to scare the animal away. He makes loud noises. It does not work. The animal follows the man for six minutes. The man records the animal on his phone.
Finally, the man throws a rock at the lion. The lion gets scared. She runs away.
Difficult words: trail (a track in a forest or mountains), kitten (a baby cat), scare away (to make someone so scared that they run away).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos