Angry Elephant in India – level 2
At a festival in India, there were four elephants and one of them broke free. It was aggressive and it started to throw parked vehicles around. It attacked twenty-seven vehicles.
Two people were on the back of the animal, but they were not able to calm it. Luckily, the elephant hurt no one.
Elephants are often at festivals in India to attract people, but accidents are quite common.
Difficult words: vehicle (something which is used for transportation), attract (to make come somewhere), common (normal).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these elephants in India?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos