Angry Man – level 1
A man in Prostejov, Czech Republic, invites his ex-girlfriend for lunch. The woman says no to him. The 52-year-old man gets angry. The man gets in his car. He drives to an apartment building. His ex-girlfriend lives there.
The man drives into the front doors. He destroys the front doors. He climbs out of his car. He goes away.
Later, police find the man in a pub nearby. The man is drunk. The police say that the man has problems in the past. The man is not allowed to drive. However, he still drives a car.
The man can stay up to three years in prison.
Difficult words: ex-girlfriend (someone’s girlfriend in the past but not anymore), apartment building (a building with many apartments where people live), destroy (to break into many pieces), drunk (when someone drinks too much alcohol and he cannot control what he is doing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos