Animals in Shows – level 1
Circuses and marine parks use animals in their shows. However, some people do not take good care of the animals. Some animals do not have enough space.
France has a new law. It is not possible to use wild animals in circuses and marine parks. French marine parks must not keep or make baby dolphins and killer whales. It is not possible to build new marine parks. Circuses use tigers, lions, elephants, and bears in their shows. It will not be possible soon.
Many people work in circuses and marine parks. They must find other jobs. The French government wants to help them.
Difficult words: circus (a large tent where people and animals make shows), marine park (a place where people watch shows with dolphins and killer whales), take good care of (to care well for someone or something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.