Animals in tourism – level 1
This news is about animals. Not all animals are happy. Some must live with people. They must perform at shows.
People like these shows. However, they don’t know everything about the animals. The animals often suffer. Some people are not nice to them. The animals are taken from their mothers. They are often lonely.
This is a big problem. The animals must be helped.
Difficult words: perform (do something which is interesting), suffer (to go through bad times), lonely (when you are sad because you are alone).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like circuses, zoos or any other places with animal attractions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos