Animals on Planes – level 1
This news is from the USA. The Department of Transportation is a government agency there. It makes rules for transportation.
This agency sends out new instructions. The instructions are about animals on planes. Airlines cannot ban a type of cat or dog from their airplanes. However, if there is a dangerous animal, the airlines do not have to take it on board.
If you cannot see and you need a dog, you can fly with your dog with no problem. You do not have to tell the airline before you fly. However, if you do not have a serious medical problem and you want to bring an animal, you must tell the airline about it before you fly.
Difficult words: government agency (an institution of ‘bosses’ of a country who tell people what they can or cannot do), ban (stop, tell to leave), on board (on the plane).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos