Anonymous attack the Islamic State – level 2
Anonymous is an activist group. In 2003, it first appeared and it is known for its successful attacks on organisations.
After the Paris attacks, French hackers from the group declared war on the Islamic State.
The group uploaded a video to YouTube. A member of Anonymous says in the video that there will be very many cyber-attacks.
This is not the first Anonymous attack on the Islamic State – after the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January, a Belgian part of the group declared war against al-Qaeda, the Islamic State and other terrorists. It later said that it deleted 1,500 pro-Islamic State Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Difficult words: activist group (a group of people who try to change something), hacker (a person who can “attack” your computer and change something), declare (to say something officially).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this cyber war?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.