Antarctica Penguins – level 1
Scientists study penguins in Antarctica. They find out that the number of penguins goes down. Some populations go down by more than 75% in the last 50 years. The situation is very serious.
Scientists believe that the biggest problem is climate change. Water in oceans is warmer. Ice in Antarctica melts. This is not good for some animals that live there.
Penguins eat krill. Krill are very small animals. They are food for big fish and penguins, too.
Warmer water is a problem for krill. It kills the krill. There is not enough krill for penguins. Penguins die because they do not have enough food.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.