Apple supplier in trouble – level 1
Foxconn is a company which makes iPhones for Apple. It is in trouble with taxes in China.
A Chinese newspaper says that some parts of Foxconn in China have troubles with taxes. They are also looking at how Foxconn uses land in Henan and Hubei provinces. This is happening not long before Taiwan’s big election. Also, Foxconn is trying to produce things in other places, not just China.
Taiwan says that China often tries to push them in different ways, like with the military or money. Taiwan also says that China wants to change its elections. The person who starts Foxconn, Terry Gou, now wants to be Taiwan’s president.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What implications do the troubles with taxes have for Foxconn's presence in China and its future operations?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.