Argan oil – level 1
A group of women in southern Morocco make argan oil. They use it for cooking.
Argan oil is popular in all the world now. Cosmetic companies use it in their products. They call it ‘liquid gold’. It is very good for the skin and for hair, too. It makes the skin look healthy.
One liter of argan oil costs 30 to 50 dollars a liter in Morocco. It costs up to 250 dollars in the international market.
Argan oil changes the lives of women in Tiout Vllage. They start to make the oil in 2002. About 130 women set up a business. They work together. They get money for their work. They have a free kindergarten. They can go to reading and writing courses.
Difficult words: liquid (something that is not hard and it flows freely), international market (when companies from all the world do business with each other), kindergarten (a class for children who are between 3 to 5 years old and they do not go to school yet).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos