Argentina has a new president – level 1
Argentina has a new president. People vote for Javier Milei.
It will bring many changes to the country. Milei plans to solve big economic problems. He wants to close the central bank, change Argentina’s money, and spend less. Supporters celebrate. They see Milei as hope for a better future. Many people in Argentina have no money and debts. The prices of things are very high.
But some people worry about Milei’s new ideas. It will be a big change in Argentina’s politics. Milei’s plans will have an impact on business and relationships with other countries. People hope that Milei will make Argentina better.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What could be some of the potential risks associated with the changes that President Milei has planned for Argentina?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.