Argentina may use the dollar – level 1
Inflation is when prices are going up. People can buy less for the same money.
Inflation in Argentina is very high. Some experts think that using the dollar can solve the problem. Javier Milei is an economist. He is running for president. He thinks that using the dollar can help stop prices from increasing too much. The Argentine peso has many problems in the past. The government wants help from China and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). The government doesn’t want problems before the elections.
The IMF must decide what to do. It is not easy. Argentina doesn’t keep its promises in the past.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think will happen if the IMF agrees to Javier Milei's plan to use the dollar?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.