Astronauts are going to the ISS – level 2
A British astronaut and his American and Russian colleagues completed their training. They are going to the International Space Station in just a few weeks. Their mission will last seven months.
Tim Peak, the British astronaut, will be the first British astronaut in space in 20 years, and the first ever to board the ISS.
The astronauts who are already on the ISS are enjoying a Thanksgiving meal – a smoked turkey, candied yams, and rehydrated corn.
Difficult words: last (to take), yam (a sweet potato), rehydrated (when you add water to rehydrated food, it turns back into the original food).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this the astronauts and the International Space Station?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos