Attack on Police Academy – level 1
This news is about a police academy. It is in Pakistan. There are around 200 cadets there. People attack the academy. This happens on Monday.
Around 100 people are wounded. Fifty-nine people die. Attackers take some cadets hostage.
The attackers have vests. These vests have bombs in them. Two attackers explode. One attacker dies. The attackers are from an Islamist group.
Difficult words: cadet (a police student), wounded (hurt; when something bad happens to someone’s body), hostage (a person who is kept by an attacker; the hostage can be set free if you do what the attacker wants).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.