Australia bans vaping – level 1
Australia wants to stop teenage vaping. Vaping means smoking e-cigarettes.
This is the strongest action against the tobacco industry in years. But Australia already has one of the strictest smoking rules in the world. The government wants to ban vapes which taste like fruit. They have nice packaging. Teenagers like that. They think that vaping is not as dangerous as smoking cigarettes. But experts warn of possible harm.
In the future, only pharmacies will sell vapes. But young people will not be allowed to buy them anyway.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other measures are being taken to discourage young people from vaping in Australia?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.