Award to Netflix Producer – level 2
Ted Sarandos is the chief content officer at Netflix; he is in charge of the content that is on the platform. He brought the platform’s first original shows and you recently brought many original movies.
This year, a producers’ organization will give Sarandos an award for all of his work. The president of the organization said that Sarandos has made a platform for producers to make new work that people may not otherwise see.
However, all of that new content is expensive. Netflix may spend more than $17 billion on content this year, but it owes $13.5 billion.
Difficult words: content (written work that can become other work such as movies or TV shows), platform (a way to share work such as on TV, on movies, or online), producer (the person in a movie or a TV show who helps create it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos