Babies hold hands – level 1
A woman is pregnant. She is going to have twins. Both of them are girls. The mother’s pregnancy is not easy. The babies are in danger.
They are too close together. Their umbilical cords can twist together. If this happens, a baby may die. However, this does not happen. Everything goes well. The babies are born.
The mother and the father are very happy. When they see the babies, the babies are holding hands.
Difficult words: pregnant (having a baby), twins (two babies from the same mother that are born at the same time), pregnancy (when a baby leaves the mother), twist (get stuck together).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How many twins do you know?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.