Baby Boards a Bus Alone – level 3
A one-year-old baby climbed aboard a bus on his own in Central China. Neither the passengers or the bus driver could see if an adult taking care of the toddler, and the bus driver pulled over and called police for help.
Passengers volunteered to take care of the baby until the police got there. Officers managed to track down his parents an hour later with the mother saying that her little boy was playing outside her cell phone store when she realised that he had gone off somewhere.
Difficult words: toddler (a young child who is just beginning to walk), volunteer (offer help without pay), track down (to find).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
This is not common in China, is it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos