Baby hears for the first time – level 2
A baby was born in America in January and he failed all of his hearing tests. Doctors referred the baby to a special program at a children’s hospital in Minneapolis, USA. There, doctors fitted him with hearing aids.
At the age of nine weeks, the baby heard his mother’s voice for the first time. Someone filmed the amazing moment and uploaded it to YouTube. The video is very popular.
Difficult words: refer (to send somebody somewhere where they can get help), fit (to install/fix something into place), hearing aid (a thing in the ear which helps people hear better).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What is your opinion on this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos