Baby seal is lost – level 1
Here is some news from Sweden. A baby seal is lost. It gets in a town’s harbour. People find it and film it. The seal wails. It goes back to sea after some time.
Seal mothers leave their babies. The babies are only two to three weeks old. The babies lie on ice. Their bodies must use their fat inside them. They must grow the right fur. When they have the right fur, they can jump into the cold water. Then they can catch fish.
Difficult words: harbour (area where ships can stay), wail (to cry a long high sound because you are sad), fur (hair).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How often do you meet sea animals?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.