Backflip over Thames – level 2
A professional motorbike stuntman backflipped over the River Thames in London. The gap that he flew over was 23 metres wide. He was the first person ever to motorcycle backflip over theThames.
The stuntman, Travis Pastrana, talked about the jump afterwards. He said that the jump was difficult. However, the weather was fine, and he landed almost perfectly. He was only blown a little to the right.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.