Backflip over Thames – level 3
A professional motorbike stuntman backflipped over a 23-metre wide gap between two barges floating on the River Thames in London. It was the first-ever motorcycle backflip over the River Thames.
After the successful stunt, the daredevil, Travis Pastrana, said that this was one of his most nerve-wracking stunts, as he had to deal with so many variables out of his control. The weather was fine, though, the boat had dried up, and he had no traction issues. He was blown a little to the right, but he managed to land almost spot on.
Difficult words: stuntman (a person who does stunts – activities that are dangerous), barge (a long flat-bottomed boat for carrying something), daredevil (a person who enjoys doing dangerous things), traction (the grip of a tyre on a road), issue (a problem), spot on (perfectly).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos