Bad Passwords – level 1
Hackers are people who get into people’s computers. They steal important information. They often work in groups.
A group of hackers get into 150,000 cameras in hospitals, schools, and other buildings in March. Experts say that the problem is that people use bad passwords. People use simple words or numbers. Sometimes, they say them to colleagues or friends. Hackers can get through bad passwords very quickly.
There is a way to stop this problem. Some websites send you a text to your phone. You must confirm who you are. This is much safer.
Also, when you choose a password, use letters, numbers and special symbols. It is not good to use a word which you can say easily.
Difficult words: password (a secret word or letters which get you into a computer system or service), colleague (a person who you work with), confirm (to say that something is true).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos