Balloons at Airport – level 1
The coronavirus changes travel. In many countries, people cannot travel to other countries. Planes do not fly. Airports are very quiet.
Runways are full of grounded planes. The situation is serious. However, some people take this chance to do something special.
Something unusual happens at an airport in Israel. The airport closes its airspace. It means that planes cannot take off or land at the airport.
Four hot air balloons take off from the airport instead. The balloons can take off safely. The balloons fly over the quiet airport. They leave the airspace. Then, planes can take off and land there again.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.