Balloons at Airport – level 2
Many planes around the world stopped flying because of the coronavirus pandemic. People cannot travel abroad, which means that airports have become quiet, and planes are grounded on runways.
The situation is serious for many people and businesses; however, some people see it as an opportunity to do things that they could not normally do.
On Saturday morning, four hot air balloons took off from an airport in Israel. The airport closed its airspace, so the balloons could take off safely. The balloons flew over the terminal and over the runways that were full of grounded planes. When the balloons left, the airport opened its airspace for other planes again.
Difficult words: grounded (unable to fly), opportunity (a chance for something to happen), airspace (the area above a piece of land where planes can fly), terminal (the building where people go to wait to fly on a plane).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.