Barbara Bush Dies – level 1
Barbara Bush is the First Lady to President George H. W. Bush. She is also the mother of US President George W. Bush. She is the only woman to see her husband and her son become US presidents.
Barbara works during her husband’s presidency. She meets world leaders. She fights for rights for all people. She fights to help people learn to read and write. She helps the poor.
She also shocks people. She says that one day maybe a woman can be president.
In Houston, Texas, Barbara Bush dies at the age of 92.
Difficult words: First Lady (the wife of a US president), presidency (the time that you are a president), rights (that all people are respected, protected from bad people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos