Bats and Viruses – level 1
Scientists know that the coronavirus comes from bats. Many other viruses come from bats, too. Scientists want to know why. More than 1,300 kinds of bats are in the world. Some bats live in caves. Some bats live in forests.
Different bats eat different food. Some bats eat fruit. Some bats eat small animals like frogs, birds, or fish. Some bats drink animal blood. This can be a reason why many different viruses live in bats.
Bats have long lives. This is good for viruses. They have enough time to grow. Bats can fly. This means that their bodies are warm. It can be the reason why viruses are dangerous. They can live in warm places.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.