Bear falls nine metres – level 1
This happens in Florida. A bear climbs up a tree. The tree is 30 feet tall (9 metres). The tree is close to a house. People want to remove the bear.
They put a sheet of plastic under the tree. They shoot the bear with a special gun. The gun does not kill the bear. It only makes the bear go to sleep. The bear falls down on the sheet, but the sheet is not strong. It breaks and the bear falls on the ground.
The bear is not injured. However, its head probably hurts!
Difficult words: sheet (thin flat piece of something), injured (have problems with the body), hurt (be in pain).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have wild animals near your house?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos