Beer Yoga – level 3
A brewery in Cambodia is combining exercise with alcohol as the country emerges from a six-week lockdown.
Beer yoga classes cost 8 dollars for an hour-long session that includes one beer and it’s limited to twelve participants. People practicing beer yoga sip beer throughout the class, they say cheers and they feel happy being with friends. Some people said that it wasn’t a real yoga practice, and it was more like a gathering with friends and incorporating yoga moves for entertainment. A woman who attended the classes said that she didn’t like traditional yoga because she found it boring; however, beer yoga was not as serious as traditional yoga and she enjoyed it a lot more.
Beer yoga was created in the US in 2013, and since then, it has enjoyed sporadic popularity in different parts of the world.
Difficult words: sip (to drink something by taking small mouthfuls), incorporate (to include), sporadic (appearing or happening at irregular intervals in time).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos