Bees attack police – level 1
A man lives in a house in Massachusetts, US. Authorities say that the man must leave.
The man doesn’t want to do it. Many people support him. Rorie Woods is one of them. She is 55 years old. She is a beekeeper. She keeps bees for their honey.
Last week, Woods drives to the man’s house. The police are there. They ask the man to leave the house.
Woods has beehives on her car. She opens one beehive. The bees get out. They sting several people.
Police arrest the woman. Police say that they never see someone attack people with bees before.
Difficult words: support (to help), beehive (a box in which people keep bees), sting (to hurt someone from an insect).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos