Big Diamond in Sierra Leone – level 1
Sierra Leone is in West Africa. A pastor finds a diamond there. It is big. It weighs 706 carats (141 grams). It is the biggest diamond in Sierra Leone in 40 years.
The pastor wants to help his country. He gives the diamond to the government. The government wants to sell it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.