Big robbery in London – level 2
People use safety deposit boxes to store secret documents, cash and jewels. People usually keep these boxes in an underground vault.
Criminals robbed a vault in London. The gang used cutting equipment to break inside and took around 300 safety deposit boxes.
Some of the stored things were worth hundreds of thousands of pounds. Police are investigating the robbery and did not tell whose safety deposit boxes were stolen.
Difficult words: store (to keep something somewhere), vault (a place which protects expensive things), equipment (things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you use a safety deposit box?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.