Big Sandcastle in Germany – level 2
For weeks, international artists worked on a huge sandcastle in Germany. Unfortunately, it had problems. Parts of the castle came down after just one week, but the team decided to carry on.
Visitors came to see the castle being built and judged by the Guinness World Record officials. The officials confirmed that the current record stood at 13.97 metres and the new sandcastle measured in at 14.15 metres.
However, there was a problem. The artists forgot parts of wood in the castle which they used during the build. Since a sandcastle can consist only of sand and water, they did not set a new world record.
Difficult words: huge (very big), confirm (say that something is true), consist (be made of).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos