Big Statue of Pharaoh in Egypt – level 1
Archaeologists in Egypt find a statue. It is very old and very big. They move it at night when the roads are empty.
It is of a torso. It weighs three tons. It is probably a statue of a very famous pharaohs in Egypt. Historians think that it is a statue of Ramses II. He rules Egypt for 60 years over 3000 years ago.
They want to put the parts of the statue together at the Egyptian museum in Cairo. An Egyptian-German archaeological team discovers the statue.
Difficult words: torso (a body without a head, arm and legs), probably (maybe yes, maybe no), rule (be a king or a queen), discover (find).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos