Big Wave Tour in Mexico – level 1
The Big Wave Tour is a surfing competition. It consists of 6 events. These events take place until February.
There must be big waves for the events. They must be at least 6 metres high.
The first event takes place in Mexico. Twelve surfers are successful.
Difficult words: competition (when people do their best to win), consist (make up something), take place (happen, be organised).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.