Biggest bitcoin transaction – level 1
A villa is sold. The villa is in Bali. The building is sold in bitcoins. People pay 1,000 bitcoins for the villa. That is around 600,000 U.S. dollars.
The buyer is from Texas. We don’t know who it is. The building has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a private pool.
Bitcoin is digital money. It is not yet legal. Leaders of countries can make it legal.
Difficult words: sell (give for money), buyer (person who buys something), leader (boss).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are bitcoins a good idea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.