Biggest flying animals – level 1
There is a show in a museum in New York. It is about pterosaurs. Pterosaurs live 66 million years ago.
These animals can fly. However, they are not related to birds. They are related to dinosaurs. They are a unique group of animals. They are the biggest flying animals. Their wings are really big. One wing is around 5 metres long.
The animals have a backbone and they can fly. This makes them really special.
Difficult words: related to (like), wing (part of the body which makes the animal fly), backbone (line of bones in your back).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you visit museums?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos