Biggest Wave Surfed – level 1
Rodrigo Koxa is a surfer. He is from Brazil. He surfs a 24-metre wave in Portugal. He sets a new record. The wave is the biggest wave ever surfed.
There is a video of him and the wave. The wave is so big, that it is very hard to see Rodrigo.
There is an awards ceremony. The surfer gets a prize for surfing the wave. He tells people to keep believing in their dreams.
Difficult words: awards ceremony (an event when people get a prize for doing something difficult), prize (a thing which is given to people after they do something great), keep believing in your dreams (believe that you can do great things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.