Bird flu kills seals and sea lions – level 1
In Brazil, many seals and sea lions die. Experts believe that bird flu kills them.
Bird flu can make animals very sick. There is no medicine to help them. There are cases of bird flu in Brazil some months ago. Last month, experts find bird flu in sea animals in a state called Rio Grande do Sul. Brazil is very famous for selling chickens. But they say that there is no bird flu in chickens which they sell.
The dead seals and sea lions are in different places along the sea. There are dead seals and sea lions near Uruguay, a country next to Brazil. Peru, Chile, and Argentina find sick sea animals too. In Brazil, they say it is still safe to eat chicken or eggs. Bird flu is not in these animals at the moment.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures have officials in Brazil taken to protect their sea animals from bird flu?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.