Birds fall from the sky – level 1
A security camera in a Mexican city films something unusual. Birds fall from the sky. The birds look like a black cloud. They fly to the ground. Most birds fly away. Some animals stay on the ground. They die.
People have different opinions about the event. Some people say that dirty air is the problem. Others say that electricity kills the animals.
Many people believe that there is a predator. The birds want to fly away from the predator. Then they are confused. They hit the ground.
The birds are yellow-headed blackbirds. They stay in the US and Canada in the summer. They fly to Mexico for winter. It is warmer in Mexico.
Difficult words: opinion (what a person thinks about something), predator (an animal which kills another animal, and it eats it), confused (when somebody can’t think clearly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos