Blair is sorry for the mistakes in Iraq war – level 2
Tony Blair admitted that the 2003 Iraq invasion played a role in the rise of the Islamic State. In an interview with CNN, he also apologised for mistakes made in the war.
The excuse for the Iraq invasion was that there was information that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Blair said that the information was false, and he expressed his regret.
There is an investigation about the Iraq war. Soon, people will publish the results.
Difficult words: excuse (a reason for something), express (to say), regret (a feeling of sadness).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you trust politicians?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.