Blood Moon 2018 – level 1
Last Friday, something special happens. The Moon turns red. People call it ‘the Blood Moon’.
The Blood Moon happens only when the Sun, Earth and Moon are in a line. The Sun lights the Earth from one side. The Moon is in Earth’s shadow. However, you can see the Moon. Some light gets onto it. It is indirect light from the Sun. It is red light. The red light can go around Earth because of its atmosphere.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.