Boat Sinks in Colombia – level 1
This news is from Colombia. A boat sinks. People save most of the passengers. Six of the passengers die. Fifteen passengers are missing.
People are sad. They lay flowers next to the lake. Police look for the missing passengers.
Difficult words: sink (go down), passenger (a person on a boat or other vehicle), to be missing (we do not know where they are and if they are alive or dead).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos