Bodies are found in Lima – level 1
Experts find three bodies. The bodies are two women and one man. The bodies are in Lima, Peru. They are around 1000 years old.
The women were probably weavers. We know this because experts found their bodies with things for weaving.
Experts found the bodies near a great pyramid. The pyramid is around 1,500 years old.
This discovery is important. It can tell us something about the Ichma culture.
Difficult words: were (past of “are”), weaver (a person who weaves – makes fabric), discovery (something which you find).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this discovery?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos