Body in a Freezer – level 3
Police charged three men after they raided a building in Thailand and found a body in a freezer. A police officer was injured during the raid on the four-storey building in Bangkok, where they also found guns and drugs.
Thai police suspected that a gang was using the building as a passport forging operation. The raid led investigators to discover a dismembered body. It was wrapped in a black plastic bag and hidden in a freezer. With a high number of visitors each year, Thailand has a booming black market for fake identity documents.
Gangs are known to sell passports on to drug traffickers while other passports are suspected to have ended up in the hands of Islamist militants.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.