Body on Copacabana – level 1
The Copacabana Beach is in Rio de Janeiro. The Olympics start there on the 5th of August. This is the first time that the Olympics are in South America.
However, there are some problems. Crime is rising. The Brazilian economy is not good. And now, body parts wash up on the Copacabana Beach. Athletes are going to play on the beach only metres from the body parts.
We do not know any details about the body. People think that the parts are from a right leg and foot.
Difficult words: rise (get bigger and bigger), wash up (something which is washed up, is carried by the water to the beach).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.