Boeing Employees´ Communication – level 1
Boeing has a lot of problems with its 737 Max plane. There are two accidents. Almost 350 people die.
Officials give out some worrying communication between Boeing employees. Some employees speak about how they hide the truth before the US regulators. Other employees speak about the simulator that trains the 737 Max pilots. They say that it is not safe. In another communication, employees joke about the plane´s design.
Officials say that Boeing tries to hide information from the regulators and people. Boeing is not happy about the messages. The company wants to get the 737 Max certified again. and to train all 737 Max pilots on a simulator.
Difficult words: regulator (a government official who makes sure people are following the government’s rules), simulator (a machine that works like a real machine and people use it to learn how to use the machine), certify (to show something is following the rules).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.