Boeing has problems with doors – level 2
The FAA asked Boeing for careful examination and inspection of Boeing 737-900ER jets.
There were reports of problems with door bolts. This increased attention follows a mid-air panel accident on an Alaska Airlines MAX 9 jet, which led to a grounding of 171 MAX 9 planes. The FAA advises airlines to inspect 737-900ER mid-exit door plugs because there were problems during maintenance inspections. Although it is an older model, the 737-900ER has the same door plug design as the grounded MAX 9.
Boeing is taking the situation seriously and the company asked for an independent advisor. At the same time, Boeing will support the FAA’s actions.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures is Boeing taking in response to the reported problems with door bolts on their 737-900ER aircraft, and how are they working with the FAA to address this issue?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.